At a glance:
- The Clearblue Fertility Monitor tracks urinary Hormone metabolites
- Clearblue reports if fertility is LOW, HIGH, or PEAK and not absolute values of each hormone
- Takes 5 minutes to result
- Uses 10-20 sticks per cycle
- kegg detects the changes in the cervical fluid to show when the user is fertile
- kegg displays the readings on a chart, shows the overall trend of the readings as well as the actual readings, and provides a fertile window prediction in advance
- kegg can be used at a time of day that is convenient for the user within the same 2 hour window
- There are no recurring fees with kegg
What is the Clearblue Fertility Monitor?
- The monitor has a touchscreen to allow the user to input her period, follow the directions for which days to use the fertility test sticks, and to read the fertility predictions (LOW, HIGH, or PEAK).
- A test is completed with first morning urine within a 6 hour timeframe.
- The monitor indicates which day to use a test stick-either 10 days or 20 days depending on cycle length.
- Requires 10 or 20 test sticks per month depending on cycle length
- Typically indicates 3-6 days as fertile
- Test sticks are single use
What is kegg?
kegg is used daily for 2 minutes. The kegg app provides both written predictions as well as plotted results on the kegg chart. The app allows the user to enter several individual biophysical measurements, such as Basal Body Temperature, cervical mucus observations, LH, PdG, protected versus unprotected intercourse, pregnancy, and more.
- A small device used vaginally 2 minutes a day to predict the fertile window
- It doubles as a kegel ball
- Sleek, durable design
- Comes with charging cradle
- kegg results display on a graph with the predicted fertile window in green. The user can see daily results plotted on the chart
- Uses an intelligent algorithm that learns the user’s cycle trends for accurate predictions
- Reminder Notifications to help your consistent usage
In addition, cost of ownership is significantly higher with the Clearblue Fertility Monitor despite the slightly higher initial investment with kegg.